Ameera's Artwork headed to the Capitol!
Congrats to Ameera whose artwork was not only selected for the Illinois Art Education Association Student Show but was picked out of those 45 winners to be a part of a show that will be on display at the Illinois State Board Association Conference and in Springfield at the Capitol Building for Advocacy Day! We are so proud of her and her accomplishments!
Did You Know?
Young people who participate in the arts for at least three hours on three days each week through at least one full year are:
* 4 times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement
* 3 times more likely to be elected to class office within their schools
* 4 times more likely to participate in a math and science fair
* 3 times more likely to win an award for school attendance
* 4 times more likely to win an award for writing an essay or poem